New South Student Center
A 'Living Room' for Future Generations of Hoyas
As every Hoya who has been enriched by his or her time on the Hilltop knows, Georgetown is a singular community. For a community to flourish, it needs common spaces for its members to come together. Georgetown is building the New South Student Center as a dynamic new gathering place on campus designed for the way students interact today.
This center will have features that bring students together—for social events, group study projects, club and organization activities and other co-curricular pursuits. Such activities not only reinforce lessons learned in the classroom, they forge bonds that last a lifetime and are vital to developing the effective citizens and inspired leaders of tomorrow.
The New South Student Center will complement, not replace, the Thomas and Dorothy Leavey Center, an essential bridge between Georgetown's main and medical campuses. It will fill pent-up needs for more places to study and collaborate, offer more dining choices and provide more locales for student events and programming.
There is a particular need for more spaces on campus that can host social events and late-night programming-safe and sanctioned activities that provide alternatives to the neighborhood nightlife scene.
- Highlights of the Student Center
- Inviting lounge areas for study and relaxation and a gaming area for recreation
- A lively pub/dining area sure to become a natural gathering spot and hub of student activity
- A versatile social room that will serve as a second Copley Formal Lounge—hosting live bands, group dinners, poetry slams, club events—whatever students can dream up for it
- New dance studios that would serve our vibrant student performance groups
- Breakout rooms for students to work on group projects and campus club activities
To learn about naming and major gift opportunities for the New South Student Center, contact Meg Pagonis, director of development, 202-687-7873, firstname.lastname@example.org.